Login Register

Advice after chip pan blaze at first floor flat

By Burton Mail  |  Posted: July 31, 2014

Comments (0)

FIREFIGHTERS have issued a warning after a blaze involving a chip pan.

The alert came from station manager Andy Kinsman after the fire in Dallow Street, Burton. He said: "Chip pan fires are still fairly common and can cause a great deal of damage. Worse still they can have potentially life-threatening consequences.

"We would urge residents to avoid using chip pans and to use a thermostat controlled electric deep fat fryer or oven chips.

"Never leave cooking unattended and don't drink alcohol prior to or while cooking."

Read more from Burton Mail

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES