A TRIBUTE act of a 80s and 90s popular rock band are hoping to raise thousands of pounds for a hospice by performing 16 times in two nights.
Bon Jovi UK, which features Swadlincote’s Nigel Atkins in the role of frontman Jon Bon Jovi, as well as Bob Billings, from Burton, on guitar, will get pubs and bars rocking all Burton, South Derbyshire and North West Leicestershire in 15-minute slots this Saturday and Sunday.
The ‘Jovithon’ is in aid of Rainbows Hospice, in Loughborough, which cares for terminally ill and disabled youngsters in the area.
Mr Atkins, AKA Jon Bon Jovi, said: “We can’t wait. Everyone’s dead excited. The venues are fantastic. The nice thing about it is they really get involved. They hold karaoke nights and everyone is given t-shirts.
“That’s the nice thing about Bon Jovi – everyone knows the songs and it’s a great atmosphere.”
Here is a list of some of the venues and times that the band will play:
• Saturday – 6.45pm to 7.15pm at the Horseshoe, in Tatenhill;
• 7.20pm to 7.40pm – Wygeston Hotel, Burton;
• 8pm to 8.30pm – Red Lion, in Repton;
• 8.30pm to 9pm – The Dragon Inn, Willington;
• 9.10pm to 9.40pm – Harpur’s Hotel, Melbourne;
• 9.45pm to 10.15pm – The Beeches, Ashby;
• 10.20pm to 10.50pm – The Greyhound, Boundary;
• 11pm to 11.20pm – The Catchems, Swadlincote;
• Sunday –9.50pm to 10.20pm - Bull and Lion, Packington;
• 10.30pm to 11pm – The Woodman, Moira.
Mr Atkins added: “We’ll play 15-minute sets, but we don’t want to disrupt the pubs and have to make them wait. The tough part is getting away and getting the band back on the bus in time.
The band raise £1,300 last year. More information is available by visiting www.bonjoviuk.com