AN electrical fault is believed to have caused a fire at a Burton factory.
Firefighters were called to Pirelli Tyres, in Derby Road, at 2.29pm yesterday after an industrial hopper ignited in the middle of the factory.
Two crews from Burton, one from Tutbury and one from Lichfield attended the incident which involved 200 kilos of rubber products well alight.
Approximately 20 firefighters used one main jet and four breathing apparatus to bring the fire under control and a thermal imaging camera was used to identify any fire hotspots.
It took the crews three hours to bring the fire under control and they were at the scene for five hours damping down the area.
A revisit to the factory last night concluded the fire was believed to have been started by an electrical fault.