MONUTS are the delectable combination of muffins and doughnuts – but better than that, our version have a delicious Cadbury Creme Egg hidden in the centre!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
You will need:
275g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
75g unsalted butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla essence
150ml natural yogurt
12 Mini Cadbury Creme eggs (1½ 89g bags)
For the topping:
15g unsalted butter, melted
40g caster sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to Gas 5, 190 ºC and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar.
3. Beat the eggs with the melted butter, vanilla and yogurt and then stir into the dry ingredients. Do not over mix as this will toughen the monuts.
4. Spoon half of the mixture into the cases then put a Mini Cadbury Creme egg in the centre and top with the remaining mixture.
5. Cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown and springy to the touch.
6. Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
7. While still warm, brush the tops of the monuts with melted butter and dip into the sugar mixture.