A BRIDE-TO-BE, who fears she could lose hundreds of pounds, has spoke of her ‘nightmare’ ordeal after two wedding venues closed their doors.
Beverly Mottram, 30, a bar supervisor, of Pingle Farm Road, Newhall, said she fears losing an £850 deposit paid to The Craythorne, in Rolleston.
She had planned to hold her wedding at the venue on August 24.
But she now fears she will never see the money again after the venue closed its doors to customers earlier this month.
Beverly originally booked the Bretby Conference Centre after she got engaged to her finance Lee Peters in December 2010.
But that venue also closed its doors in January 2011. Fortunately Beverly and Peter had not handed over any cash for the venue
Beverly, who also looks after her two young children, said: “I just think everything is going wrong.
“We got engaged back in 2010 so we knew we had plenty of time to save money.”
Beverly, who also spent five week out of work after breaking her arm in a fall in December, then booked The Craythorne in June 2011.
She said: “Everything was going to be at The Craythorne. The ceremony, the reception and the day and night time meals.
“I was mortified when I found out it had closed.
“We don’t have a lot of money so me and my other half pull together.
“It has been a nightmare.”
Beverly said she has been forced to push the wedding date back to November.
She said: “I have had to arrange everything again.
“I have had to have all my order of service and invitations redone.”
“We were planning to go away then but because we had to rearrange the wedding we have lost our deposit for our holiday as well.”
Beverly and Lee will now tie the knot in a ceremony at the Riverside Hotel in Branston.
She said: “I have had to beg my entertainer change the date and pay her extra money.
“If we don’t get the deposit back it’s going to be a struggle.
“I have tried and tried to get in touch with the Craythorne but I can’t get an answer.”
Andy Knight, who runs the venue at The Craythorne, said all deposits paid since he took over The Craythorne on October 16 would be paid back.
He said: “Any of the deposits that were paid to us in the time we were there have been, or are in the process of being, paid back.
“We have done 75 per cent of them at the moment so everyone who has paid a deposit to me or the company I work for will have the deposits paid back with my apologies.
“Anyone who paid a deposit before I started on October 16, I do not know.”
The Craythorne has regularly featured in the Mail over the last two weeks after engaged couples and a charity, which had booked the venue, said they feared losing their deposits.
On Wednesday February 6 the Mail reported that Mark Pawley and Laura Nixon’s wedding, planned for July 27, had been thrown into chaos after the venue closed its doors.
On Friday February 8 Emma Baker said she felt like her ‘life had finished’ after the venue closed.
Emma, who is engaged to fiancé Ken Hassent, had planned the wedding of a lifetime, with the ceremony and reception planned at the venue for June 8.
The chairman of the Burton branch of the Raynaud’s and Scleroderma Association feared the group would be left out of pocket after paying £175 to hold a fund-raising event at The Craythorne in November.