You will need:
- 400g mashing potatoes
- 4 sweet chilli cooked beetroot
- 2 fillet steaks
- 1tsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Crème Fraiche
- Salt and pepper
- 100g Tenderstem broccoli, steamed & tossed in Lemon juice and olive oil
- Peel the potatoes and cut each into 8. Put them into a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes cook, chop the beetroot into quarters and season the steaks.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and when it’s very hot cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side (longer if you want them well done). When the steaks are cooked to your liking, put them on a warm plate and set aside to rest.
- Once the potatoes are just tender add the beetroot to the water and simmer for 2 minutes longer. Drain the water away and add the crème fraiche to the pan. Mash everything together well until you have a smooth pink mash. Season to taste.
- Slice the steak and serve with a dollop of mash and the steamed Tenderstem. Pour any meat juices over.