Login Register

Gas check warning to stop explosions and leaks

By Burton Mail  |  Posted: March 21, 2014

Comments (0)

PEOPLE are being urged to have their gas appliances checked to ward off leaks, fires or even explosions.

South Derbyshire District Council implored residents in the area to make sure they were ‘on top’ of gas safety as the cold weather closes in and more gas-related items begin to be used.

It comes after the Gas Safe Register revealed homes in the south of the county contained faulty boilers, cookers and gas fires due to shoddy installation.

Advice given to make sure money is kept safe

PEOPLE in Burton have been given advice on how to keep their money safe and not give criminals an ‘easy steal’.

Staffordshire Police has launched a crime prevention drive to keep people’s personal property safe.

Assistant Chief Constable Julian Blazeby said police were also stepping up patrols.

To report a crime, people should call police on 101.

Read more from Burton Mail

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES