Matthew Roskell of the Francesco Group worked as a Wella Ambassador alongside a team of stylists headed up by former X Factor hairstylist Adam Reed, backstage at the Spring/Summer 2014 Emilio De Morena.
“The collection was inspired by 90’s power women – understated with a strong feminine edge, we carried this theme through to the hair by adding graphic detail to the classic ponytail, paying homage to the 90’s”, says Matthew of the Francesco Group.
“This was really a very wearable look, as many of the fashion week looks are, it's usually about keeping hair natural and unfussy so as to not distract from the clothes.”
‘The backstage atmosphere was really electric; as the models began to arrive and hair and makeup sprang into action it was really exciting. We had approximately 2.5 hours of styling time, and after we had seen the look demonstrated by Adam Reed, it was a case of getting to work on the girls as and when they arrived.
Several girls had come from other shows and as such their previous look had to be taken out, and in some cases washed which added to the pressure but everyone rose to the challenge.
Matthew shares his top tips to recreate the Emilio De Morena look –
- “The look starts with freshly shampooed and conditioned hair before blow drying with a round brush to enhance volume and ensure a smooth finish.”
- “Once the hair has been blow dried, straighten hair using straighteners, take sides of the hair back ensuring a smooth, clean line on either side of the hair and pin in place.”
- “Next, pull the top section of hair back using a soft bristle brush and secure in place with a hair tie ensuring that the ponytail is secured on the curvature of the head”
- “Using the remaining hair form a second ponytail and secure a few inches above the nape of the neck to allow the ponytail to swing beautifully when walking.
- Finish by using some hairspray to secure the look, I recommend Wella Professionals Glamour Recharge”