007 submarine car goes under hammer
James Bond fans with some serious cash to burn have the chance to get their hands on the submarine car used in The Spy Who Loved Me when it goes up for auction.
The Lotus Esprit is expected to fetch between £650,000 to £950,000, but has never been offered for sale before.
Specially-designed for the underwater scene in the 1977 film starring Roger Moore as 007, the distinctive-looking vehicle is said to be fully operational.
It will go under the hammer at RM Auctions in Battersea, south London, on Monday.
Max Girardo, managing director of RM Auctions Europe, said: "We have a great track record in selling incredible and iconic movie cars, and this particular Lotus is certainly up there amongst the most famous cars of all time.
"Over the years, millions of movie-goers have stared in awe as the Lotus transformed itself into a submarine, and now, perhaps one of them will have an opportunity to own it.
"Her Majesty's Secret Service aside, it surely is the ultimate beach accessory."
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Dog owner in court after woman attacked
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- UPDATE - Chancellor personally thanks JCB workers after jobs announcement