2,400 police face Hillsborough quiz
More than 2,400 police officers could face investigation over the Hillsborough disaster, the police watchdog has confirmed.
Up to 1,000 additional officers may be added to the 1,444 members of South Yorkshire Police already being investigated, the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) said.
The new figure was revealed as senior IPCC figures appeared before the Home Affairs Select Committee.
It includes officers from around 20 other forces who were present when 96 Liverpool fans died during an FA Cup semi-final in 1989.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads