2,400 police face Hillsborough quiz
More than 2,400 police officers could face investigation over the Hillsborough disaster, the police watchdog has confirmed.
Up to 1,000 additional officers may be added to the 1,444 members of South Yorkshire Police already being investigated, the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) said.
The new figure was revealed as senior IPCC figures appeared before the Home Affairs Select Committee.
It includes officers from around 20 other forces who were present when 96 Liverpool fans died during an FA Cup semi-final in 1989.
- SLIDESHOW: British Superbikes starts this weekend for Buildbase BMW Motorrad riders Ryuichi Kiyonari and James Westmoreland
- Aaron Webster named Burton Albion's greatest ever player in fans' poll
- Johnny Russell admits Burnley are out of sight for Derby County
- Ex-Burton Albion star praised for his 'old school honesty' by Derby County boss
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Scarlet fever cases soar in East Staffordshire
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- Tory removed from role over comments