Actor to face child sex charges
Former Coronation Street actor Andrew Lancel has been charged with historic child sex offences, police have said.
The 42-year-old, charged under his real name Andrew Watkinson, will appear in court later this month to face five counts of indecent assault on a child under 16, Merseyside Police said.
The actor, from Gateacre in Liverpool, is best known for his appearance as Frank Foster in the ITV soap Coronation Street.
He has been bailed to appear at South Sefton Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, December 19.
Merseyside Police said Watkinson has been charged under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- Cabinet posts for rebels after helping to oust council leader
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads
- Burton bollards could go, as plans discussed for their future