Actor to face child sex charges
Former Coronation Street actor Andrew Lancel has been charged with historic child sex offences, police have said.
The 42-year-old, charged under his real name Andrew Watkinson, will appear in court later this month to face five counts of indecent assault on a child under 16, Merseyside Police said.
The actor, from Gateacre in Liverpool, is best known for his appearance as Frank Foster in the ITV soap Coronation Street.
He has been bailed to appear at South Sefton Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, December 19.
Merseyside Police said Watkinson has been charged under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Taxi bosses talk about industry 'difficulties'
- Relief for patients as Queen's suspends controversial parking fines
- Head speaks out on school's fine system