Arcade Fire to headline Glastonbury
Canadian band Arcade Fire have revealed they are among the headliners for the Glastonbury festival next summer.
The group - which recently played low-key UK shows under the name The Reflektors to promote fourth album Reflektor - will perform on the Friday evening of the Somerset event.
The group broke the news to fans by posting a picture online featuring four show dates in June next year, including the Glastonbury gig. The message was written in chalk on a piece of material draped on a sofa and next to a sequinned cushion.
Frontman Win Butler had already hinted that the band may play the event with a less-than-subtle comment during a radio interview last month.
Discussing plans to play summer festivals next year, he told DJ Jo Whiley: "G et your wellies ready."
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- Driving ban plea falls on deaf ears as man faces losing business