Asda knocks 2p a litre off petrol
Asda has sparked a likely supermarket fuel-price war by announcing a cut in the cost of its petrol and diesel.
From Tuesday, the price of Asda petrol will go down by 2p a litre so that no one will pay more than 131.7p a litre.
Asda diesel will be cut by 1p to 137.7p a litre.
The reductions follow a 2p cut in petrol and a 1p cut in diesel announced by Asda last week.
Andy Peake, Asda's petrol trading director, said: "Our national price cap on fuel benefits everyone across the country, meaning that no one filling up at Asda is forced to pay a premium for their fuel because of where they live."
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Drug baron jailed over cocaine ring