Atkinson to pick up palace award
Mr Bean star Rowan Atkinson will be awarded a CBE by the Queen today.
The comic actor who first found fame as part of the satirical series Not The Nine O'Clock News, will be honoured for services to drama and charity.
It was his lead role in the long running Blackadder series that made him a household name.
But another of his creations - the bumbling Mr Bean - created an international star out of the performer.
Also receiving an honour during the Buckingham Palace investiture ceremony will be Anna Scher, founder and principal of a theatre school that bears her name, who will be awarded an MBE.
Over the decades her school has produced household names like Kathy Burke, Phil Daniels, and Gary and Martin Kemp.
Acclaimed designers Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby, who created the Olympic torch for London 2012, will be awarded OBEs.
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Court orders soar to 'worrying' levels after council tax support cap introduced