Bird ready to land at Northants
Northamptonshire have signed Australia paceman Jackson Bird for next season.
The 26-year-old played has played three Tests, the last of which came at Durham in this summer's Ashes series.
He was then sent home with a suspected stress fracture of the back and although the problem was not as bad as initially feared he has yet to play competitively since.
Bird, who has 109 first-class wickets at an average of 20.77, will be available for 10 LV= County Championship matches and seven Friends Life T20 fixtures.
Northamptonshire had previously announced a raft of contract extensions with senior players and also signed Maurice Chambers and Graeme White to bolster the squad.
Chief executive David Smith said: "The signing of Bird alongside Maurice and Graeme will see the completion of the club's recruitment policy for next season."
- Ticket prices for Chelsea game welcomed by Derby County fans
- Gary Rowett backs Matty Palmer to return in style for Burton Albion
- Steve McClaren says Derby County's style of football will bring back crowds to iPro Stadium
- SLIDESHOW: Burton Junior Football League Under-10s, Under-11s and Under-12s round-up
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Taxi bosses talk about industry 'difficulties'
- Head speaks out on school's fine system