Boy dies in Spain swimming pool
A young British boy has died after he fell into a swimming pool in Spain during a family holiday.
Relatives reportedly tried to save the youngster after they discovered him floating in the water at his grandparents' home near Malaga.
But the child is said to have died in a car before he was driven to hospital near the Costa del Sol.
His death came on what has been dubbed Spain's Black Sunday after another two people reportedly drowned in the sea.
The Foreign Office said officials were supporting the British child's family in Spain.
"We are aware of the death of a British national in the Malaga region of Spain," a spokesman said.
"We are providing consular assistance to the family at this sad time."
The little boy is believed to have flown to Spain on Saturday with his parents to visit his grandparents who live in the village of Cartama.
Police and paramedics were reportedly called to their home at around 6pm on Sunday after the child's mother found him in the water.
Police in Spain said the boy was three years old.
- Ticket prices for Chelsea game welcomed by Derby County fans
- Gary Rowett backs Matty Palmer to return in style for Burton Albion
- Steve McClaren says Derby County's style of football will bring back crowds to iPro Stadium
- SLIDESHOW: Burton Junior Football League Under-10s, Under-11s and Under-12s round-up
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Taxi bosses talk about industry 'difficulties'
- Head speaks out on school's fine system