Boys held after officer hit-and-run
Two teenage boys have been arrested after a policeman was knocked down in a hit-and-run incident while on duty.
The officer was performing a routine stop on a car in Luton Road, Chatham, Kent, when he was hit by the vehicle as he approached it.
The car drove off and was later found abandoned in nearby Constitution Road following the incident at 6.50pm on Saturday, Kent Police said.
A spokesman said two boys, aged 15 and 16 and both from Chatham, have been arrested on suspicion of aggravated vehicle-taking.
The officer, who has not been named, was taken to the Medway Maritime Hospital and later discharged.
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- MP meeting in bid to get to bottom of booze plans