Boys held after officer hit-and-run
Two teenage boys have been arrested after a policeman was knocked down in a hit-and-run incident while on duty.
The officer was performing a routine stop on a car in Luton Road, Chatham, Kent, when he was hit by the vehicle as he approached it.
The car drove off and was later found abandoned in nearby Constitution Road following the incident at 6.50pm on Saturday, Kent Police said.
A spokesman said two boys, aged 15 and 16 and both from Chatham, have been arrested on suspicion of aggravated vehicle-taking.
The officer, who has not been named, was taken to the Medway Maritime Hospital and later discharged.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads
- Cabinet posts for rebels after helping to oust council leader
- Burton bollards could go, as plans discussed for their future