Bresnan left out by England
England left seamer Tim Bresnan out of their team for the first Investec Test against New Zealand at Lord's.
Graeme Swann therefore returned as anticipated for his first Test since elbow surgery three months ago, but would have to wait for his turn to bowl here after Alastair Cook won the toss and chose to bat in sunny conditions.
The Kiwis, who came within one wicket of a home series victory over England at the end of March, stuck with the same team which had unexpectedly pushed Cook's tourists so hard in three Tests in New Zealand.
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Drug baron jailed over cocaine ring