Bresnan left out by England
England left seamer Tim Bresnan out of their team for the first Investec Test against New Zealand at Lord's.
Graeme Swann therefore returned as anticipated for his first Test since elbow surgery three months ago, but would have to wait for his turn to bowl here after Alastair Cook won the toss and chose to bat in sunny conditions.
The Kiwis, who came within one wicket of a home series victory over England at the end of March, stuck with the same team which had unexpectedly pushed Cook's tourists so hard in three Tests in New Zealand.
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- MP meeting in bid to get to bottom of booze plans