Bresnan left out by England
England left seamer Tim Bresnan out of their team for the first Investec Test against New Zealand at Lord's.
Graeme Swann therefore returned as anticipated for his first Test since elbow surgery three months ago, but would have to wait for his turn to bowl here after Alastair Cook won the toss and chose to bat in sunny conditions.
The Kiwis, who came within one wicket of a home series victory over England at the end of March, stuck with the same team which had unexpectedly pushed Cook's tourists so hard in three Tests in New Zealand.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine