Briton arrested on child sex charge
A British man has been arrested by police in the United States after allegedly flying there to have sexual encounters with a 13-year-old girl he contacted online, according to reports.
Adam Robinson, 21, is accused of committing a "lewd act upon a child" six times from December 15 to December 23 - the day before the girl's 14th birthday, court documents filed in the United States reveal.
A felony complaint filed in San Bernardino, California, said that his alleged crimes had the "intent of arousing, appealing to, and gratifying the lust, passions, and sexual desires" of him and the girl.
The teenager's worried parents are said to have raised the alarm with police but it is unclear how they learned about their relationship.
Four of the alleged offences took place on December 15 and two further ones on December 23, the felony complaint states.
Reports said that Robinson, from Fleet, Hampshire, was arrested by Redlands Police at a motel after forming a relationship with the girl over the course of a year, and will appear at San Bernardino Superior Court tomorrow with bail set at one million dollars (£620,000).
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads