Briton arrested on child sex charge
A British man has been arrested by police in the United States after allegedly flying there to have sexual encounters with a 13-year-old girl he contacted online, according to reports.
Adam Robinson, 21, is accused of committing a "lewd act upon a child" six times from December 15 to December 23 - the day before the girl's 14th birthday, court documents filed in the United States reveal.
A felony complaint filed in San Bernardino, California, said that his alleged crimes had the "intent of arousing, appealing to, and gratifying the lust, passions, and sexual desires" of him and the girl.
The teenager's worried parents are said to have raised the alarm with police but it is unclear how they learned about their relationship.
Four of the alleged offences took place on December 15 and two further ones on December 23, the felony complaint states.
Reports said that Robinson, from Fleet, Hampshire, was arrested by Redlands Police at a motel after forming a relationship with the girl over the course of a year, and will appear at San Bernardino Superior Court tomorrow with bail set at one million dollars (£620,000).
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Dog owner in court after woman attacked