Briton 'shot dead in Libya'
The Foreign Office is "urgently seeking" further information about reports that a Briton has been shot dead in Libya.
It is believed that a Briton and a New Zealander, both with gunshot wounds, were found dead in near the coastal area of Mellitah in western Libya, according to a Libyan security source.
A Foreign Office spokesman said: " We are aware of reports that the bodies of two foreign nationals have been found in Libya and are urgently seeking further information from the authorities."
Mellitah is near the town of Zuwarah and 100 km (60 miles) west of Tripoli.
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- 'I was trying to get out of it' says banned driver in Facebook posts
- Driving ban plea falls on deaf ears as man faces losing business