Briton 'shot dead in Libya'
The Foreign Office is "urgently seeking" further information about reports that a Briton has been shot dead in Libya.
It is believed that a Briton and a New Zealander, both with gunshot wounds, were found dead in near the coastal area of Mellitah in western Libya, according to a Libyan security source.
A Foreign Office spokesman said: " We are aware of reports that the bodies of two foreign nationals have been found in Libya and are urgently seeking further information from the authorities."
Mellitah is near the town of Zuwarah and 100 km (60 miles) west of Tripoli.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads