City drop Hart for Norwich match
England goalkeeper Joe Hart was dropped by Manchester City for the visit of Norwich in the Barclays Premier League, the club announced via Twitter.
Manager Manuel Pellegrini decided the time had come to leave out Hart after a number of errors this season, preferring Romanian Costel Pantilimon in his place.
Pantilmon impressed in a rare start during City's Capital One Cup victory over Newcastle on Wednesday.
Hart was relegated to the substitutes' bench while City, again without injured captain Vincent Kompany, had Matija Nastasic and Martin Demichelis in central defence.
Norwich made two changes from last week's draw with Cardiff as Steven Whittaker and Bradley Johnson replaced the injured Alex Tettey and Robert Snodgrass.
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Dog owner in court after woman attacked
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'