Claire completes handbike challenge
Paralysed fundraiser Claire Lomas has completed her challenge of riding 400 miles in three weeks using a customised handbike.
She reached the finish line at the London Eye where she was greeted by supporters including football pundit Gary Lineker and former Spice Girl Mel C.
Ms Lomas, who was left paralysed from the chest down following a horseriding accident in 2007, became the first person to complete a marathon in a bionic suit last year.
She punched the air with delight after finishing her latest challenge next to the River Thames.
The 33-year-old, from Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, said: "It's amazing to finish and I'm delighted to get here.
"In the first week there were times when I really wondered what I'd let myself in for.
"It's been so busy, full long days of talking to children and then cycling on. But it's the children's faces that have kept me going, to be in the position to get out there and talk to them about the difficulties I've faced since my accident and how I've rebuilt my life."
- 'Vital A38 changes have to happen or drivers will die' says Burton's MP
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- Cabinet posts for rebels after helping to oust council leader
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review