Climbers rescued from gorge cliff
Two climbers have been rescued after they became stuck on a cliff at Cheddar Gorge.
Emergency services were called to the Somerset beauty spot at 4.16pm today.
A thermal imaging camera was used to locate the pair, who had been confirmed as missing.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: "One appliance from Cheddar was mobilised to this incident together with the specialist rescue team from Bridgwater.
"Upon arrival, crews confirmed two climbers to be missing. Crews carried out a search of the area using thermal image camera. Avon Cliff Rescue were also in attendance and liaising with police and ambulance."
The two climbers were rescued by 6.17pm, the spokeswoman said.
- Free stalls for six months plan for market says MP
- South Derbyshire teacher's UKIP 'Nazi' row
- Bold plans for Burton after £7.5 million funding boost announced
- St George's Park masterplan outlined for the first time
- Mail readers' decide on the best place for a pint
- Burton's MP offers East Staffordshire Borough Council Market Hall suggestions