Coach suspended after 'assault'
A Premier League football team has suspended a youth-team coach and a female goalkeeper after an alleged assault at a club Christmas party.
Everton academy coach Mick O'Brien is alleged to have struck Danielle Hill outside a bar in the Albert Dock area of Liverpool city centre.
Hill is the second-choice goalkeeper for Everton Ladies.
Merseyside Police confirmed they had received a complaint and were investigating.
A spokesman said: "Merseyside Police can confirm an investigation is under way following the assault of a 24-year-old woman in Liverpool city centre on Sunday December 16.
"The incident occurred near to the entrance of the Blue Bar. An investigation into the full circumstances of the incident is ongoing."
Everton would not comment on the allegations.
- Ticket prices for Chelsea game welcomed by Derby County fans
- Gary Rowett backs Matty Palmer to return in style for Burton Albion
- Steve McClaren says Derby County's style of football will bring back crowds to iPro Stadium
- SLIDESHOW: Burton Junior Football League Under-10s, Under-11s and Under-12s round-up
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Taxi bosses talk about industry 'difficulties'
- Head speaks out on school's fine system