Coach suspended after 'assault'
A Premier League football team has suspended a youth-team coach and a female goalkeeper after an alleged assault at a club Christmas party.
Everton academy coach Mick O'Brien is alleged to have struck Danielle Hill outside a bar in the Albert Dock area of Liverpool city centre.
Hill is the second-choice goalkeeper for Everton Ladies.
Merseyside Police confirmed they had received a complaint and were investigating.
A spokesman said: "Merseyside Police can confirm an investigation is under way following the assault of a 24-year-old woman in Liverpool city centre on Sunday December 16.
"The incident occurred near to the entrance of the Blue Bar. An investigation into the full circumstances of the incident is ongoing."
Everton would not comment on the allegations.
- On-loan George Thorne waits until the end of the season at Derby County to decide on his future
- Gary Rowett wants to his Burton Albion side another step in the play-offs this season
- Rolleston CC dig in for lion's share of points at home to Ilkeston Rutland
- James Benstead and Callum Brodrick on fire in Dunstall draw
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster