Cole scare for England
England left-back Ashley Cole is set for a scan on a rib injury suffered in the 3-1 win at Norwich on Sunday afternoon, Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has confirmed.
Cole was substituted with 15 minutes left at Carrow Road for tactical reasons, but Mourinho revealed the player later complained of a problem and so would be examined, but did not expect any major impact on his place in the England squad for next week's World Cup qualifiers.
Mourinho said: "I didn't know (that Cole was injured). We were in a difficult position before. He had something in his ribs that we need to assess, but hopefully it's fine. But yes, it was a tactical decision.
"He goes for a scan now, when we arrive (back in London), on his ribs. I hope he is fine.
"I want England to do (well), so I hope he's fine."
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Taxi bosses talk about industry 'difficulties'
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Head speaks out on school's fine system