Coutinho set for shoulder surgery
Liverpool expect midfielder Philippe Coutinho to be sidelined until the end of October after the club confirmed he would undergo surgery on an injured shoulder.
Coutinho suffered the problem following a clash with Swansea defender Ashley Williams during Monday night's 2-2 draw at the Liberty Stadium.
The 21-year-old will undergo "surgical stabilisation" on his AC joint and could miss up to six games - including the Capital One Cup trip to Manchester United.
"Liverpool have confirmed Philippe Coutinho will undergo a procedure on the shoulder injury he sustained in Monday evening's 2-2 draw with Swansea City," a club statement read.
"After being assessed by the Reds medical staff, it's been decided that Coutinho will now have surgical stabilisation on the AC joint in his shoulder.
"Liverpool hope to have the 21-year-old back in contention again towards the end of October."
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Taxi bosses talk about industry 'difficulties'
- Relief for patients as Queen's suspends controversial parking fines
- Dog owner in court after woman attacked