De Fanti leaves Sunderland
Sunderland's director of football Roberto De Fanti is to leave the club after owner Ellis Short decided to dispense with his services.
The Italian, who oversaw a summer overhaul of the squad under which 14 players were brought in under former manager Paolo Di Canio, is set to leave with two weeks of the current transfer window still to run.
A club statement said: "Sunderland AFC has announced that the club has parted company with director of football Roberto De Fanti.
"The club would like to place on record its thanks to Roberto and wishes him well for the future."
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Scarlet fever cases soar in East Staffordshire
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- MP meeting in bid to get to bottom of booze plans