Driver escapes from sliced car
A driver had a miracle escape after a car was sliced in two on a motorway.
Firefighters were called to the incident near junction 9A on the M11 in Essex on Christmas Eve.
Incident commander Nigel Webb, from Saffron Walden fire station, said: "The vehicle had left the road and collided with a large motorway sign.
"The impact effectively sliced the vehicle in half sending the front of the vehicle into the nearside bushes and the rear half on to the hard shoulder.
"This was simply an incredible escape for the driver."
Nobody was trapped in the vehicle and firefighters administered first aid at the scene.
- SLIDESHOW: British Superbikes starts this weekend for Buildbase BMW Motorrad riders Ryuichi Kiyonari and James Westmoreland
- Aaron Webster named Burton Albion's greatest ever player in fans' poll
- Johnny Russell admits Burnley are out of sight for Derby County
- Ex-Burton Albion star praised for his 'old school honesty' by Derby County boss
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Scarlet fever cases soar in East Staffordshire
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- Tory removed from role over comments