Dubuisson fights back in Arizona
Victor Dubuisson battled back to force extra holes against Jason Day in the final of the £5.4million WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship on Sunday.
Dubuisson conceded the first two holes at Dove Mountain and although he got back on level terms by the fourth, the Frenchman bogeyed four of the next five to fall three down at the turn.
The gap was still three with just six holes remaining only for Dubuisson to reduce his deficit with a birdie on the 13th and then keep the match alive with another on the 17th after Day had missed his birdie attempt to seal victory.
And when Day three-putted the 18th from 65 feet, Dubuisson saved par from a greenside bunker to keep his hopes alive of winning a WGC title at his first attempt.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads