Elderly woman dies in house blaze
An elderly woman has died in a house fire on Christmas Day.
Firefighters were called to the property in Hermiston Road in the east end of Glasgow at about 8.35pm.
A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "The victim was pronounced dead at the scene by ambulance personnel.
"Inquiries are ongoing and no further details can be released until next of kin have been informed."
In a separate incident t hree children, including a baby, were taken to hospital as a precaution after a house fire.
The blaze broke out in an upstairs room of a two-storey property in Auchengreoch Avenue in Johnstone, Renfrewshire, at about 8.10pm.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the building and put out the flames.
A fire service spokeswoman said: "As a precaution three children, the youngest being 10 months, were taken to hospital and three adults were checked at the scene."
The children were taken to Paisley's Royal Alexandra Hospital for a check up.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads