Elvis alive - but is Ed a leader?
Twice as many people think Elvis Presley is alive than believe Ed Miliband is a natural leader, according to a Conservative MP.
Alun Cairns (Vale of Glamorgan) cited a YouGov poll which suggested 2% of those interviewed believe Labour's Mr Miliband is a natural leader.
He said this was half the percentage of people who believe Presley did not die aged 42 on August 16 1977.
Mr Cairns made the joke during Prime Minister's Questions as he asked David Cameron if the accuracy of statistics was vital to informing public debate.
He said to Mr Cameron: "Are you aware that 4% of the people believe that Elvis is still alive - double the number we hear today that think (Labour leader Ed Miliband) is a natural leader."
Mr Cameron replied: "Well, I can see you have certainly put your summer to very good use and I'm grateful for your question.
"Obviously you need to see a run of opinion polls before you can see a true trend."
The YouGov survey interviewed 1,978 British adults on September 2 and 3.
In the same poll, 13% of people said they believed Mr Cameron was a natural leader while 3% suggested Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg was a natural leader.
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Dog owner in court after woman attacked