England call up Woakes
England have added Warwickshire all-rounder Chris Woakes to their squad for the upcoming one-day series against Australia.
The tourists will get a welcome influx of new faces as they try to get over their whitewash by putting in an improved showing in the shorter format, and Woakes - who made his Test debut in the final match of the happier Ashes series last summer - will now be among them.
An ECB tweet read: "Chris Woakes has been added to the England ODI squad and will join up with the team in Melbourne."
A number of England's Test players will be rested from the one-day matches after a gruelling winter, including Kevin Pietersen and James Anderson.
Fast bowlers Steve Finn, who did not feature in a single Test on tour, and Boyd Rankin, who struggled in the final match in Sydney, are both scheduled to stay for the one-day games.
Woakes has played 13 one-day internationals for England and four Twenty20 matches.
The first one-day international of five takes place next Sunday in Melbourne.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads