England name three debutants
England chose three debutants, for the first time in almost eight years, as Gary Ballance, Scott Borthwick and Boyd Rankin all won their first caps in the final Ashes Test at the SCG.
Joe Root, Monty Panesar and Tim Bresnan were the men to make way as England try to avoid the ignominy of a series whitewash.
Australia, as widely anticipated, were unchanged again as they seek to wrap up a 5-0 win with the same XI throughout.
Alastair Cook won his first toss of the series, however - and under cloudy skies, he took a gamble by choosing to bowl first.
- SLIDESHOW: British Superbikes starts this weekend for Buildbase BMW Motorrad riders Ryuichi Kiyonari and James Westmoreland
- Aaron Webster named Burton Albion's greatest ever player in fans' poll
- Johnny Russell admits Burnley are out of sight for Derby County
- Ex-Burton Albion star praised for his 'old school honesty' by Derby County boss
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Scarlet fever cases soar in East Staffordshire
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- Tory removed from role over comments