Evans secures Quins win
Nick Evans struck the match-winning drop goal seven minutes from time as Aviva Premiership leaders Harlequins ground out a hard-fought 22-19 victory over Worcester at The Stoop.
The former All Blacks fly-half, who finished with 17 points, proved the difference between two well-matched sides. He set up Quins' only try for centre Matt Hopper, converted it and also landed four penalties and the crucial drop-kick.
Winger David Lemi's second-minute try put the Warriors ahead and a second from replacement Errie Claassens put them level at 19-19 after they had two players sin-binned. Fly-half Andy Goode's three penalties provided their other nine points as they claimed a deserved losing bonus point.
Northampton scored three tries in a superb first-half display as they comfortably defeated Sale 27-16 to move up to second in the Aviva Premiership.
Touchdowns from Jamie Elliott, Soane Tonga'uiha and Tom May saw them race into a 27-3 lead at the interval, with the rest of their points coming via Ryan Lamb's boot.
The Sharks' only score before the break came through Nick Macleod's penalty and, although they hit back through Rob Miller and Tommy Taylor tries, the Saints held out for a convincing victory.
- Harry Topper set to make Midlands Grand National switch
- Burton AC runner Callum Abberley excels at the UK Inter Counties Cross Country Championships
- Burton-born Dunstall star Scott Elstone stars with bat and ball for Derbyshire against Worcestershire in Abu Dhabi
- Gresley 0, Halesowen Town 2: Match report
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads