Everton sign McGeady
Everton have announced the signing of former Celtic winger Aiden McGeady from Spartak Moscow.
There had been speculation the Republic of Ireland international would sign a pre-contract agreement with the Toffees but he will move to Merseyside immediately having agreed a permanent deal.
McGeady was paraded to supporters at Goodison Park prior to their Barclays Premier League game against Norwich.
The 27-year-old has signed a four-and-a-half year deal with the Merseysiders after the clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.
McGeady spent six years with Celtic before moving to Russia for £9.5million in 2010.
The news sees Goodison boss Roberto Martinez finally land his man having been linked with him while at Wigan a year ago.
- 'Vital A38 changes have to happen or drivers will die' says Burton's MP
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- Cabinet posts for rebels after helping to oust council leader
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review