Flat plunge toddler 'critical'
A toddler who plunged 100ft from a fifth floor flat remains in a critical condition in hospital, police said.
The 15-month-old girl suffered internal injuries when she fell from the window of a flat in Savage Road, Barne Barton in Plymouth.
Officers from Devon and Cornwall Police - who are not treating the incident as suspicious - were called at around 8.30am on Saturday.
A force spokesman said: "A toddler remains in a critical but stable condition in Derriford Hospital today after falling from a bedroom window.
"Officers attended a property in Savage Road in the Barne Barton area of Plymouth just before 8.30am on Saturday 7th September.
"The child, a girl aged 15 months, was taken via ambulance to Derriford with serious internal injuries.
"Police are investigating the incident but at this stage there are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances."
Simon Clark, managing director for Sanctuary Housing Services, which owns the block of flats, said: "We are doing all we can to assist the police in their investigations and our thoughts are with the family at this difficult time."
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Violent thug is back in jail
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Taxi bosses talk about industry 'difficulties'
- Relief for patients as Queen's suspends controversial parking fines