Former Cas player Briggs dies
Castleford have announced the death of former player Trevor Briggs at the age of 67.
Briggs, winger or full-back, made 338 appearances for Castleford from 1965 to 1977, scoring 92 tries, and was in their Challenge Cup-winning teams of 1969 and 1970.
Castleford chief executive Steve Gill said: "It has come as a great shock to everyone who knew Trevor. He was a tremendous player and a great club man.
"His memory will live for a long time at Castleford Tigers and the thoughts of everyone at the club are with his family and friends."
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Dog owner in court after woman attacked
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'