Four arrested over woman's murder
Four men have been arrested in connection with the murder of a woman found dead in a shop basement.
The body of the as-yet unidentified woman was found in a shop in Luton Road, Chatham, on Saturday, Kent Police said.
A murder inquiry has been launched and officers are trying to find out who she is.
A spokesman said it was too early to confirm if the body was that of missing pensioner Harjit Chaggar, 69.
Mrs Chaggar, who lives in Chatham, was last seen leaving the Kings Family Practice doctor's surgery in Magpie Hall Road on September 2.
Chief Supt Steve Corbishley said: "Our investigation is in the very early stages and I would like to reassure the community not to be alarmed by the extra police activity in the Luton area of Chatham today.
"We have a number of enquiries to carry out and are keen to hear from anyone with information that may assist us."
The four men are currently in custody.
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Dog owner in court after woman attacked
- UPDATE - Chancellor personally thanks JCB workers after jobs announcement