Four held in Jewish sex abuse probe
Four men have been arrested by police investigating sexual abuse allegations among one of Britain's largest Orthodox Jewish communities.
A 54-year-old - who is understood to be a senior rabbi from Golders Green - was arrested yesterday on suspicion of sexual assault and perverting the course of justice. He remains in custody at a north London police station.
Three other men - aged 25, 62 and 64 - were also arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice in relation to the arrest of the 54-year-old, the Metropolitan Police said.
Met Police borough commander for Barnet Adrian Usher said: "In Barnet we are currently working with members of all our communities to ensure the voices of victims of abuse are heard.
"My message to those victims is simple - come forward and we will listen to, support and believe you."
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads