Fugitive on most wanted list held
One of Britain's most-wanted criminals, who was thought to be hiding in Spain, has been arrested in Bolton.
Lee Willis, 30, was detained by Greater Manchester Police on New Year's Day, the force said today.
He had admitted possessing cocaine and cannabis in March last year but went on the run before he was due to be sentenced in June. Willis also stands accused of dealing the class A drug.
Willis, from Ashton-under-Lyne, was highlighted on a list issued by the charity Crimestoppers, the UK's National Crime Agency and Spanish police in Madrid last year as one of 13 of Britain's most-wanted fugitives.
The list was published as part of Operation Captura, a scheme to trace criminals who were believed to have fled to Spain.
Willis is due to appear in court later this month, Greater Manchester Police said.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads