Fugitive on most wanted list held
One of Britain's most-wanted criminals, who was thought to be hiding in Spain, has been arrested in Bolton.
Lee Willis, 30, was detained by Greater Manchester Police on New Year's Day, the force said today.
He had admitted possessing cocaine and cannabis in March last year but went on the run before he was due to be sentenced in June. Willis also stands accused of dealing the class A drug.
Willis, from Ashton-under-Lyne, was highlighted on a list issued by the charity Crimestoppers, the UK's National Crime Agency and Spanish police in Madrid last year as one of 13 of Britain's most-wanted fugitives.
The list was published as part of Operation Captura, a scheme to trace criminals who were believed to have fled to Spain.
Willis is due to appear in court later this month, Greater Manchester Police said.
- Boys to men: Frazer Clarke and Zach Parker eye ABAs glory in Liverpool
- SLIDESHOW: Solid start for TAG Racing and Buildbase BMW Motorrad at Brands Hatch
- Rolleston 3rds open up with a win in Six South but Trentside 2nds fall to a nine-wicket defeat to A&B
- Barton fireworks ensure a successful run chase
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- 'I was trying to get out of it' says banned driver in Facebook posts
- Driving ban plea falls on deaf ears as man faces losing business