Gibson set for knee surgery
Everton midfielder Darron Gibson is to undergo surgery after suffering anterior cruciate ligament damage, the club have announced.
Gibson was carried off on a stretcher after injuring his knee in a first-half challenge during the Republic of Ireland's World Cup qualifier against Kazakhstan in Dublin on Tuesday.
The 25-year-old was assessed by club medical staff on his return to Everton and, following confirmation an operation will be required, a lengthy lay-off is likely.
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Drug baron jailed over cocaine ring