Group of Death awaits England
England have been drawn in the group of death at next summer's World Cup.
Roy Hodgson's men will open their Group D campaign in Manaus when they face Italy on Saturday, June 14.
They must then head to Sao Paulo and Belo Horizonte for their meetings with Uruguay and Costa Rica on June 19 and 24 respectively.
England avoided becoming the European team placed in a special pot, who had to be drawn against a South American top seed.
However they ended up in the same group as Italy, who came out of the special pot. which meant the draw could hardly have been more difficult.
It means Roy Hodgson's team must face the side that knocked England out of Euro 2012 in Kiev, before coming face-to-face with a Uruguay team containing Luis Suarez and PSG star forward Edinson Cavani.
Even the group minnows, Costa Rica, will not be beaten easily given the central American country have shock potential, as they proved by beating Scotland at the 1990 tournament.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads