Hopkins retains title
Veteran Bernard Hopkins kept hold of his IBF light-heavyweight crown with a unanimous points victory over Karo Murat in Atlantic City.
The 48-year-old came into his own in the heart of the fight to take the contest 119-108, 119-108 and 117-110 on the judges' scorecards.
Murat, who lost to Great Britain's Nathan Cleverly back in 2010, was penalised in the seventh for hitting after the break and also earned a string of warnings.
But it was the seventh in which Hopkins truly imposed himself, and by the eighth Murat was visibly hurt.
The German showed his resilience in the later rounds, but roared on by a supportive Atlantic City crowd, Hopkins was a comfortable winner.
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Dog owner in court after woman attacked