Inquiry as two found dead in house
Police have launched a major investigation after two bodies were found in a house.
Officers were called to the scene in Echline Gardens, South Queensferry near Edinburgh at around 5pm today.
The deaths are being treated as unexplained.
Police Scotland said that its major investigations team has launched a major inquiry.
The force could not comment on the age or gender of the people who died.
Detective Chief Inspector Gary Cunningham said: "An investigation team has been formed and we are currently at a very early stage, with officers carrying out door to door inquiries with neighbours and talking to the immediate family.
"At this time the deaths of the two people are being treated as unexplained and more information will be released as soon as it is available."
- 'Vital A38 changes have to happen or drivers will die' says Burton's MP
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- Cabinet posts for rebels after helping to oust council leader
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review