Jerome screamer settles thriller
A stunning 90th-minute volley from Cameron Jerome secured a point for 10-man Stoke in a highly-eventful 3-3 draw with strugglers Southampton at the Britannia Stadium.
Poor defending allowed Rickie Lambert to open the scoring 10 minutes in and, although Kenwyne Jones soon equalised, Jay Rodriguez was presented with Saints' second in the 24th minute.
An Andy Wilkinson own goal in the 36th minute summed up a miserable first half for the hosts, but they responded in the second period and Matthew Upson pulled one back in the 67th minute. Steven Nzonzi was sent off soon after but Stoke kept pressing and got a late reward via Jerome, sending Southampton back into the bottom three.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads