Khan signs off on Mayweather bout
British fighter Amir Khan has announced he has signed a contract that could see him fight Floyd Mayweather Jr in the new year.
The 27-year-old, a former world champion and 2004 Olympic silver medallist, is waiting to learn whether Mayweather wants the fight.
Promoters Showtime Sports said this week that unbeaten American Mayweather had not decided who he would get into the ring with next, but confirmed Khan was in a pool of contenders.
The showdown could happen in Las Vegas on May 3, and Khan said on the Daily Mail website: "I am the one who signed the contract, I've signed my part of the contract, they've not signed theirs.
"If he wants to fight Amir Khan then he should sign it."
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- MP meeting in bid to get to bottom of booze plans