Knox 'won't attend new Italy trial'
Amanda Knox will not return to Italy for a new appeals trial over the 2007 killing of her British roommate, her lawyer has said.
In March, Italy's supreme court ordered a new trial for Knox and her former Italian boyfriend for the killing of Meredith Kercher in Perugia, where they were students.
An appeals court in 2011 had acquitted both, overturning convictions by a lower court. The new appeals trial begins in Florence on September 30.
Florence daily La Nazione quoted lawyer Luciano Ghirga as saying he recently met Knox and fellow defence team members in the US, and that the American confirmed what her lawyers said right after the supreme court ruling - she won't return to Italy for the new trial.
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Dog owner in court after woman attacked
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- UPDATE - Chancellor personally thanks JCB workers after jobs announcement