Left-winger Tony Benn in hospital
Veteran Labour left winger Tony Benn has been admitted to hospital after feeling unwell.
The 88-year-old former cabinet minister was said to be "resting comfortably" after undergoing tests.
"Tony Benn was taken into hospital on Wednesday on the advice of his GP after feeling unwell," his family said in a statement.
"He is undergoing tests and resting comfortably."
Mr Benn, who served in the cabinets of both Harold Wilson and James Callaghan, finally stood down as an MP in 2001 so he could "spend more time on politics".
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Dog owner in court after woman attacked
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'