Light aircraft crashes in field
A light aircraft with two people on board has crashed in a field, police said.
Leicestershire Police were called by the ambulance service shortly before 8pm on Wednesday night to a report of a light aircraft that had come down in a field near Wymeswold.
It is believed the aircraft contained a pilot and one passenger.
On Wednesday night, officers were contacting immediate family about the incident, a spokesman for Leicestershire Police said.
The area was being made secure for the Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB), who will be investigating the cause of the incident, he added.
A spokeswoman for East Midlands Ambulance Service said: "At this stage I can confirm we received a call about the incident at 19:48 reporting a 'plane crash'.
"Several ambulance resources were sent to the scene."
The condition of the pair is not known.
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Taxi bosses talk about industry 'difficulties'
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Head speaks out on school's fine system