Lomax stars in Saints win
Stand-in full-back Jonny Lomax scored a hat-trick of tries as St Helens got their season up and running with a ruthless 36-10 demolition of Bradford.
Saints coach Nathan Brown responded to a disappointing start to his time in charge by shaking up his side and the changes paid off handsomely with a seven-try rout of an out-of-sorts Bulls at Odsal's Provident Stadium.
The result helped banish memories of a 12-8 defeat in the corresponding match last March which cost another Australian, Royce Simmons, his job.
Like then, Saints found themselves ninth in the table after a three unimpressive performances but on this form they will soon be back challenging for a top-four spot.
Willie Manu, Anthony Laffranchi, Tony Puletua and Ade Gardner also crossed for Saints with Gary Wheeler booting eight points.
Brett Kearney and Elliot Kear scored tries for the Bulls with Jamie Foster converting the latter.
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- Driving ban plea falls on deaf ears as man faces losing business