Lomax stars in Saints win
Stand-in full-back Jonny Lomax scored a hat-trick of tries as St Helens got their season up and running with a ruthless 36-10 demolition of Bradford.
Saints coach Nathan Brown responded to a disappointing start to his time in charge by shaking up his side and the changes paid off handsomely with a seven-try rout of an out-of-sorts Bulls at Odsal's Provident Stadium.
The result helped banish memories of a 12-8 defeat in the corresponding match last March which cost another Australian, Royce Simmons, his job.
Like then, Saints found themselves ninth in the table after a three unimpressive performances but on this form they will soon be back challenging for a top-four spot.
Willie Manu, Anthony Laffranchi, Tony Puletua and Ade Gardner also crossed for Saints with Gary Wheeler booting eight points.
Brett Kearney and Elliot Kear scored tries for the Bulls with Jamie Foster converting the latter.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads